Networks + datacentre + sunshine + great client = this opportunity!
We have an excellent opportunity for a Network Technician to join a multinational organisation based in Valencia, Spain. Initially for 6 months but with long term potential, this is an English speaking role requiring someone with experience of supporting networks and Cisco technology, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, VoIP and related environments.
Single stage interviews will take place in late October to early November.
As a Network Technician you will:
- Be responsible for the maintenance and administration of LAN and WAN and datacentre environment.
- Have responsibility for maintaining standard configurations, Switches, Routers, voice gateways monitoring and management tools
- Provide related technical documentation on activity as well as Tier 1 and Tier 2 support and troubleshooting.
- Work as part of a multi-location and multinational network team.
- Provide additional out of hours duty and stand-by services if required, including weekends and holidays.
You will have:
- A few years' network experience preferably in large IT infrastructures and with a focus on LAN and WAN and datacentres.
- Good knowledge of Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers and different routing protocols.
- Familiarity with content networking equipment including content switching, caching and acceleration (Citrix Netscaler, Cisco ACE, F5 BIG-IP).
- VMWare virtual Switches, Nexus and NSX experience is a bonus.
- Understanding of network security including Firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention devices.
- Basic knowledge of structured cabling including racking and mounting of network equipment.
- English skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to live and work full time from Valencia, Spain.
Candidates should be prepared to relocate and live in or near Valencia for the contract duration and be able to work as a Freelancer (autonomo) or via their own Limited Company with an A1 form.
If you fancy working for a client that looks great on your CV, where the people and environment are fantastic, and where you can soak up the benefits of Spain after work then get in touch!
This is a Contract position.