– Salary based on level of experience + additional benefits (meal vouchers, life insurance, pension plan, etc.)
– Career opportunities
– A job with a large scope of responsibilities
– International and multicultural environment
– A Company with worldwide reputation
– Start date: asap, to be discussed
For one of our client, an international Shared Service Center based in Barcelona, we are currently recruiting for a Global Database Delivery Engineer.
– Minimum of 7 years experience in a Database Infrastructure and project delivery environment
– Detailed and demonstrable knowledge of installation and operation of SQL 2008 – 2016
– Detailed and demonstrable knowledge of configuration, design, capacity planning of SQL
– Requires knowledge of database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
– Installing/configuring/maintaining new SQL installations (both cluster and stand-alone), SSIS and SSRS
– High availability and DR technologies
– Detailed and demonstratrable experience of delivering SQL releases into various environments through to production
– Experience of troubleshooting a project gone wrong and working to fix it, adjusting to major scope/design change
– Experience of working within large global organization and building and maintaining a global network
– Effective Project and Delivery skills
– Problem Solving Ability
– Creative Thinking
You will be responsible for delivering projects associated with Windows OS platforms, Databases, Cloud services (IaaS/PaaS), Messaging and Colaboration, Virtualization and related dependencies.
The main tasks include:
– Actively engage within the talented global infrastructure delivery team to define and deliver infrastructure globally.
– Participate in the planning, design and delivery of Database Services projects and support other delivery team projects that requires their involvement
– Ensure efficient and effective delivery of technology solutions consistent with business goals, risk tolerance and IT standards
– Work with the Global Infrastructure teams, identify risks, analyse growth requirements and possible impacts on users to deliver the strategic outcome required.
– Help to ensure that Database infrastructure/platform are fit for purpose and meet all availability, capacity, security and continuity metrics.
– Participate in the development of technical implementation plans where key elements of design, build, integration, business testing and other technical and business readiness elements are included
– Ensure database systems solutions/platforms are well tested, verified and validated with business users when required
– Work with the Infrastructure Operations Team to transition policies, procedures, and associated training plans for database services and platform administration, usage, and disaster recovery
– Serve as an escalation point for incident tickets for Tier 3 support
– Help to drive continuous performance improvement